In Swedish body massage a therapist will use a carrier oil such as grape seed oil to lubricate your skin. The oil is applied onto the skin and then the therapist uses various techniques to warm up the muscle tissue.
One hours massage with oil to warm and stretch the muscle tissue so that toxins are drained away and fresh blood flows into the muscles.
During the massage the therapist will aim to gradually break up “knots” or adhered tissues releasing tension from the muscles and resulting in a general feeling of wellbeing.
The body massage can be vigorous or relaxing depending on your requirements.
Benefits & Expectations
- Body massage has been found to release positive endorphins in the brain creating a feeling of wellbeing and positivity
- Massage has also been found to reduce blood pressure and promote general relaxation
- Swedish body massage can improve the condition of muscle tissue and reduce aches and pains
- This treatment also improves the circulation and can help to reduce levels of stress hormones
- Swedish body massage – like most forms of massage, is a good way to manage stress. The massage promotes relaxation but also helps to disperse the stress hormones released into your system when you are in stressful situations