An Indian head massage releases the stress accumulated in the muscles and joints of the head, face, neck and shoulders. A most enjoyable, sensual treatment that will leave you feeling relaxed and tranquil.
The Indian head massage provides instant relief from tension and stress symptoms and induce a state of calm, peace and tranquility. It may also promote high levels of alertness and concentration.
This simple yet effective therapy uses a variety of techniques to manipulate soft tissue. It is performed with the client in a seated position, usually through light clothing and without the use of oils. The therapist uses a range of different massage pressures and rhythms to stimulate the head, neck, and upper back and shoulder area.
Benefits & Expectations
Indian Head Massage provides relief from aches and pains, promotes a healthy scalp and hair, and helps induce relaxation and a feeling of well-being.
Other physical and psychological benefits may include:
- General and specific relaxation of muscles, providing immediate relief
- Fibrous adhesions (knots and nodules) can be broken down
- Loosening of the scalp
- Relaxation of the whole body
- Dispersal of toxins from tense, knotted muscles
- Improved circulation of blood and increased oxygen uptake
- Stimulation and improvement of the circulation of the lymphatic system
- Help in the relief of eyestrain and tension headaches
- Excellent for disturbed sleep and insomnia
- Help with mental tiredness and tension
- Improved concentration
- Relief from mental and emotional stress